"So what's it gonna take? Silver shadow believer..." -Shiny Toy Guns

Saturday, August 16, 2008

What the F**k is Social Media?" anyway.

I often discuss Social Media and the idea that it can be used for many things other than just communication between friends. I understood the effects the second I started blogging and even before that while on my college newspaper. And while the newspaper was in print at newsstands around campus, it still had the same effect. People care what the people they care about think. "So and so thinks it's cool, so maybe I should check it out."
Word of mouth has become electronic. Social Media is in my eyes, one of the greatest gifts for promoting and one of the greatest research tool s for marketing; and while I don't need to tell most of you reading this that, there are so many who still do not understand. For the "in the darks" out there I give you this, incredibly brilliant slideshow: What the F**k is Social Media?

No comments: