"So what's it gonna take? Silver shadow believer..." -Shiny Toy Guns

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

NY Street Advertising Takeover

I meant to write about this last month when I first read of it, but time got away from me. I love advertising, but as a creative person and lover of art, I must admit that this project is absolute brilliance. NYSAT (New York Street Advertising Takeover) was created in response to the illegal billboards throughout NYC. Illegal, because they are not registered with city, who wasn't doing much to stop billboard companies from cluttering them with eyesores. So, NYSAT white washed 120 illegal billboards and over 80 artists went out and filled them with beauty.
The project is the mastermind of www.publicadcampaign.com and while marketing is in many ways my passion, this is worth mention. It's incredibly revolutionary.

No comments: