"So what's it gonna take? Silver shadow believer..." -Shiny Toy Guns

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I ♥ Travis ♪

As most of my friends know, I love Travis Barker. I am well aware that he is married and has kids with a beautiful woman, yet I still love Travis Barker. I think he is one of the greatest drummers of all time, he's got a totally rad clothing line, and something about the mohawk and all the tattoos- I just love him. The show, Meet the Barkers was my all time favorite reality TV series but, my admiration for him has endured since Blink 182, through The Transplants, and now to +44. Have you checked out his new Soulja Boy (crank that) Remix? It’s amazing.
Every time, I go to LA I think to myself, “I hope I see Travis Barker.” Well, this time I finally did.
We went for breakfast to a little restaurant called Quality, on 3rd. Some of the best biscuits and jam I have ever had, and being a Southerner’s daughter that is a huge statement. On our way back to the car, we passed a bench with Famous Stars and Straps “F” stickers all over it. As I blurted out, “I love LA, his stickers are everywhere,” I realized we were standing in front of the Famous store. In a hurry to catch our plane we continued back to the car. My brain said, “Ok you don’t have any money to spend; you don’t really need to go in there.” But my intuition said, “I really want to go in there, buy some stuff, and hopefully he will be in there.”
As we pulled away, I turned to my friend who was a longtime former LA resident and asked, “Do these celebrities ever actually visit their stores?”
“Yes, all the time,” she said.
At that moment the regret of having passed up a great opportunity sat in the pit of my stomach. “Well, if we have time after we pack our stuff, do you think we can go back?” I asked.
Not a second later, my friend says, “Wait! Was that him right there?” Sure enough we pull back in the front of the store and there he is in a supped up classic convertible. He gets out of the car. I am dieing, shaking, can barely talk; I am this excited. Crazy- silly- totally lame; I don’t care- absolutely love him.
We find a place to park and go in. By the time we did he was no where on the floor. But, the store is totally awesome with wall to wall exclusives. It’s called, The Fast Life, and it’s on 3rd Street, in Los Angeles. Check it out. Seeming how it’s one my favorite brands, I couldn’t help but shop around. As I tried on a hoody in the dressing room, I just knew Trav was probably in the back some place. Oh be still my beating heart. I bought the sweatshirt and we left in time to make our flight. A usual response upon hearing this story is, “But, you didn’t meet him?” No, unfortunately I haven’t yet, haters. Just let me have this.
It was the most thrilling part of the trip. The only thing that comes even remotely close to feeling that good, was crashing a private birthday party at a Thai restaurant while doing the salsa with one of the most interesting individuals I have ever met. But, that my friends, is a whole other story; it’s actually a story, within a story, within one, meant for another time.

No comments: