"So what's it gonna take? Silver shadow believer..." -Shiny Toy Guns

Friday, September 21, 2007

Pick a Pepper! Design one to help fight Childhood Cancer.


With all that's happening in the family and my out of town adventures, I never got a chance to write about this... Last week, I went out to dinner at Chili's restaurant, with my parents. My parents are divorced, but are still friends; I know- I am the luckiest kid from a broken home, ever! We find Chili's delicious; it's probably our favorite chain restaurant and has TV's for my sports fanatic Papa.
While sitting there I noticed many a colorful pepper plastered all over the walls. Coloring contest? I am totally in. (Probably am too old to compete, but still want to color one.) Turns out, it's the “Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer” campaign (http://www.creatapepper.com/) and all ages are welcome to participate. The whole month of September (which is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month), people dining at Chili's can color a pepper to be displayed in the restaurant, and make a donation to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
On September 24th, this Monday, 100% of all proceeds from sales made at Chili's restaurant go towards finding a cure for childhood cancer. Why not eat there on a day where your money is working towards supporting kids? I created mine and donated while dining at the restaurant. It was very simple; they just added it to our bill. But, anyone can create one online at the above website- no purchase necessary. They pick three online winners per week who will receive a $25 gift certificate and the 28th is their last drawing. I just made one online (Pepper code: 131433) and it's awesome but, far less artistic then the real deal, pictured above. The website also includes pictures of peppers colored by celebrities. If you miss the boat however, donate to St. Jude anyway, it is a wonderful organization.
To learn more about St. Jude and the discoveries made that have, "changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases." Please visit: http://www.stjude.org/

No comments: