"So what's it gonna take? Silver shadow believer..." -Shiny Toy Guns

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Can't get no satisfaction?

Maybe I can, at least for today. My life is complete again... Sirius has “Rolling Stones Radio.” 24 hours of Rolling Stones' songs, on channel 12. It takes so little. Am I my parents’ daughter, or what?
Unfortunately, it is only temporary. It's a nice distraction from my otherwise crumbling future, however. Rolling Stones Radio is a limited offering, they are using it to promote, “Shine a Light” www.shinealightmovie.com/ , a documentary about the Stones, directed by Martin Scorsese. It is no surprise they paired up; Scorsese uses their music often in his brilliant films. The movie opened last weekend and as far as I can tell, is only playing in select theaters. Love the Stones, love Scorsese, and just plain can’t wait to see it. Did I mention that I read that the film was shot during Bill Clinton’s birthday bash 2006? Bill Clinton - love him. The reviews say the film is complete with concert footage, close-ups, vintage interviews, and most importantly their wonderful songs.

"There's no time to lose, I heard her say, "Catch your dreams before they slip away." Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?" -The Rolling Stones, Ruby Tuesday

No comments: