"So what's it gonna take? Silver shadow believer..." -Shiny Toy Guns

Thursday, April 10, 2008

You know you are 28 when...

You watch a concert at The Phoenix Theater, from upstairs. Yes, Azy sat down, upstairs, through a Too Short concert. "You see I made up my mind when I was seventeen, I ain't with no marriage and a weddin' ring." -Too Short.
Too Short was awesome; still gangsta, and the Phoenix remains a great place to see shows. It brings back many memories from my teenage years. I spent quite a few evenings there taking in concerts and going to watch showings of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It is a historical piece of Petaluma that want to live on for generations to come. It is one of the only venues near by where young people have the opportunity to take in live music, art, and culture. It broke my heart when there was talk of it being closed down back in 1999. Fortunately, it was saved and continues to be a great place for teens to hang out.
I felt a hundred years old sitting upstairs. Especially, when I could visualize a younger Azy dancing and jumping around on the ground floor. But, so be it. I will always support and go see shows at The Phoenix, even if I am 100.
For more information you should visit their Web site: http://www.thephoenixtheater.com/

No comments: